How to Get Support if You Have a Mental Health Condition

Published by University of Bedfordshire

Did you know you can get additional support for your studies if you have a mental health condition?  

Reasonable adjustments such as extra time in exams may be agreed to help you manage your studies. Information about how the University supports students with mental health conditions is available on the University’s website.

You may also be eligible for an award from Disabled Students Allowances (DSA). The award could pay for 1:1 support from a specialist mentor as well as equipment and software to support your study. More information can be found on the UK Government.

Need to talk to someone?

If you would like to talk to someone about your support needs, please email us at and request an appointment with the Mental Health Advisor.

Alex’s journey to well-being

A former student talks about how the support provided by the University helped her achieve her goals.